Monday, September 18, 2006

Reasons

I've walked these streets a thousand times, if I've walked these streets at all. And everywhere I walk, I wait, and listen to the call. The call of the poor, the call of the oppressed, of the broken and the lame. The cry of the infant and the cry of the prostitute beaten into shame.

I hear the cries of these city streets and sit and stare and wait. For healing to come and healing to reign, but healing does not wait. Healing comes with action. Healing comes with love. For healing to come, for healing to be, we wait on the sky above.

What of you, and what of me, and what of our own lives? What are the reasons we wait so long, while listening to those cries? We can't afford to give them up, our lives, our lives are all we've got. But giving life to one more child, is the way our actions ought...

I've walked these streets a thousand times, if I've walked these streets at all. And everywhere I walk, I dance, and dance until I fall...

2 Comments:

Blogger julia said...

one of my favorites.
have read it a few times.
it is a diamond.

7:30 p.m.  
Blogger julia said...

the last comment was meant for your vanier post...whoops.

5:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home