Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Trippy

It's been awhile since I posted, mostly because I was off on vacation with my fiancée. We flew from Toronto to Castlegar, British Columbia, last week Saturday after getting engaged the day before. So when we arrived at the airport, I was meeting Ericka's parents for the first time.

I found it incredibly nerve-wracking to be meeting her parents as their future son-in-law, hoping they didn't hate me.

They didn't hate me.

That came as some relief. Her family turns out to be really cool, and they welcomed me with open arms and raised eyebrows. They hadn't yet gotten to know me - and probably still haven't - I'm sure they were taking full advantage of the fact I was sleeping in their house to run surveillance 24/7.

Thankfully there was no polygraph.

The next stage of this adventure is to plan a wedding in the next 81 days. Time to lock down the church, the minister, and a reception hall. Oi. It's a good thing we're both event planners, otherwise this might be stressful.

Oh. Hey. Ericka. I love you!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, Rennster!

1:11 p.m.  
Blogger Beans said...

Congrats you have one fabulous financee, I look forward to meeting you and giving you a polygraph of my own! Happy planning

9:23 p.m.  
Blogger Ericka said...

Beware Bean's polygraph....it will probably involve copious amounts of alcohol.

11:12 p.m.  
Blogger tyrone said...

congrats andrew! this is amazing news!

12:13 p.m.  
Blogger andrew said...

Beans! That sounds like a fun polygraph. Sign me up, wouldya?

emmms, i'll email you shortishly.

7:13 p.m.  
Blogger Beans said...

I think the first round of questioning will involve the Korean poison Soju, i'll mark you down as in! Muahaha

9:42 p.m.  
Blogger Liz said...

i posted on ericka's blog that my computer breaks and i don't blog for a week and andy gets engaged! holy shitballs! congratulations... that is wonderful news! :)

2:55 p.m.  
Blogger ButterPeanut said...

Holy shitballs, indeed.

2:48 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOOHOOO!!! congratulations andrew ... sooooo glad to hear you're getting hitched. now i don't feel so alone :)

3:36 p.m.  
Blogger andrew said...

haha! snoshi...it's okay. i'll be joining your ranks soon enough. and i'm looking forward to it!

6:30 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congraz bro.

11:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home