Saturday, July 22, 2006

House of Heaven


So. Just to pick up from what Ericka wrote in her last entry.

Our future landlord called us today and did in fact offer us the house. In this whole process, we've only had to look at three places, and the last one we saw was in the neighbourhood that's been on our hearts and minds for the past few months.

I'm sure Jared will want us to plant a church there in the not-too-distant future, but for now its time to focus on planning a wedding, on prepping the new house for living, and getting all of these other important details in order.

I can't even believe the journey we're embarking on. Everything about this seems so crazy, and yet, so natural, so right, and so God-led. I am blown away, almost to tears with the provision we've received. With the warm welcomes of both of our families. With the apartment. With the church for our wedding. With everything. Seems Jesus has some plans for our lives, and while I don't know what all that entails, I suspect it won't lack for excitement.

8 Comments:

Blogger Ericka said...

i. heart. excitement. and you.

5:45 p.m.  
Blogger Liz said...

Do y'all get that whole house? It's beautiful!

12:43 p.m.  
Blogger NathanColquhoun said...

That looks awesome!
Congrats!

11:39 p.m.  
Blogger Val said...

Well I guess you must be doing his will or something if he's really providing for you :) Yes I am constantly praying for you guys. Now about the spiritual direction thing, You can go to your local priest for it, my local priest however is also my boss right now, so that might be a little awkward. I also just happen to have a Benedictine Abbot as my spiritual director, which I think is fitting considering how much I like the Benedictine spirituality, he's not too far away from where my parents live, and he's just generally one of the coolest priests I've ever met. But for you my friend, you can ask any priest.....Roman Catholic priest...:) for spiritual direction.

12:33 p.m.  
Blogger ButterPeanut said...

So weird how last year you had no clue about any of this, eh? Hurray for the surprises of the Christian life.

2:12 p.m.  
Blogger andrew said...

Last year, what was I doing? Still hanging out in Kolkata, with no clue what was going to happen in the next year.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. You'll have to come visit our apartment (one of several in that house) once we get all settled in!

4:27 p.m.  
Blogger Liz said...

the world is being outsourced... i'm a fan. i've outsourced to famous catholic writers for spiritual guidance and insight, i don't even play with the protestants anymore.

12:04 a.m.  
Blogger Sarah-Aubrey said...

Incidentally, where is said house?

4:40 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home