Sunday, October 30, 2005

Becoming Me

I've been thinking about this for awhile. Or maybe I haven't. But I'm thinking about it now, and that's all that really matters, I think.

I am ignorant.

No. Really. I am. All this time, all of the experiences I've been going through, from picking Queen's at the last minute to working for the Feds, to starting Seminary and going to India, all of these things have come together to prepare me for now. What is now? I suppose that's a matter of perspective, but it seems an interesting crossroads in my life. No clear direction (and yet, a good sense of directedness), I find myself excited about what's to happen next.

Whom shall I meet? What opportunities will arise next? Which of my plans will be completely turned on end to reveal new and exciting adventures I hadn't even dreamed of? And with all of this on the horizon, trying not to get too distracted by the possibilities and the what-ifs, every little bit of this chase is guided, orchestrated, set out before me, even if I don't know the twists and turns the path might take.

Some days it's hard to accept. Others I relish the adventure. Some days it's paralysing. Others, the most liberating. What I need to keep in mind. What needs to guide my perspective is that this path is guided, that my life's course is laid out for me to discover, to uncover, and to enjoy. The messy bits, they're all part of the adventure. The heartaches, the broken promises, the unexpected rains are all part of teaching me to become who I really am.

And through it all, I become more truly Andrew everyday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I love Andrew, so I'm glad that you foresee becoming more of him. :) And I know that whatever's next on your path will totally blow your mind. I know it.

10:23 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home