Monday, October 17, 2005

Inconvenience Store

On the way home from groceries. Picked up some butter, ice cream, mushrooms and a bit of pasta. I haven't tried the gorgonzola pasta sauce in a long time. Tonight's a good night to bring it back.

Back to the story. There is a point to all of this, right? Maybe. Dunno.

On the way home from groceries, I stop at the corner store. I want some Coke. Not Pepsi. Coke. So I walk to the cooler, pick out one of those 591ml bottles. $1.59. Kinda expensive, but I haven't had a Coke in weeks. Get to the counter, hand the man a toonie.

He gives me change; I turn to leave.

"You know the 2L bottles are on for ninety-nine cents, eh?" He says.
"Really?" I ask, "May I..."
"It's too late now. Now you go."

3 Comments:

Blogger Susanna said...

Hey Andrew, cool to read your blog. I was a Torontonian for 6 years, and hoping to go back. I take it you're from Freedomize--I never made it there but have a lot of friends who did.

6:29 p.m.  
Blogger andrew said...

It was equally cool to read your comments, and to read your blog. Your prose is beautiful. I hope your recent trip to Toronto was enjoyable, and your quest for dual citizenship becomes reality.

I don't think I'd trade Toronto for anywhere else right now.

10:28 p.m.  
Blogger Susanna said...

Thanks, Andrew. Your compliment is really encouraging. I'm glad you enjoyed my blog. Toronto is a beautiful city and yeah, I don't think I realized how much I love it till I went back.

All the best.

7:17 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home