Monday, October 10, 2005

Thanksgiving Prayer

This week-end was difficult. It was filled with a great deal of joy, absolutely. But I guess I encountered some unexpected feelings that distracted me from all of the goodness worth celebrating in this life. And why is that? With so much good, with so many blessings in my life, I find myself focusing most directly on the one thing (and it's most definitely not an issue of global concern) that isn't going well. That isn't going my way.

I should probably give that thing up, but I find it hard. With no closure, I'm fighting against ghosts and whispers and possibilities that don't even really exist. Little in this situation is currently dependent on my action, and yet I'm getting worked up. Andrew. You've gotta stop.

And so I will. For awhile. And then I'll come back to it, and go through this cycle again until I find distraction. When really what I need is for this problem to die. To leave me alone. Not to prey on my mind.

So I pray for my mind.

Father, Son and Holy Spirit, help me to trust your will. To trust that this all happened for your reasons and in your timing. Help me not to hold onto things that were never mine in the first place. They were, are, and always will be yours. As I sleep tonite, grant me your peace, wrap me in your embrace, and help me to let go of this tangled web of thoughts and these shards of broken dreams.

All they do is tie me down. All they do is cut me off from you. Help me to trust. Help me to love. Help me to live, walking along the narrow road of the present, knowing that you have control of all time. Past, Present, Future. Above all do your will in my life, and in the lives of those who continually seek after you. Thank-you again for your love, your sacrifice, and your mercies that are new every morning...

I can't wait to see you tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home