Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Happy Planet

I just took the Happy Planet Index survey from the New Economics Foundation. It's a great way to measure our impact on the environment, our satisfaction with work, and also calculates life expectancy and a number of other factors.

Apparently Ericka is going to have to put up with me until I am 90.8 years old. Lord have mercy on her soul...

The bad news is that I still have an ecological footprint of 4.4 global hectares, mostly because I've been in an airplane a bit this year. The cycling and TTC-ing are certainly helpful, but flights are certainly contributing to the high-ish rating, even if it is below average for Canada.

Thanks to No-Impact Man for the link...

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Way to try to subtly pat yourself on the back even with your N. American consumer-driven ways. "I am lower than the average Canadian..." And you mock me for my Honda!

4:49 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home