Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Wedding Pics

So, I know it's old news or whatever, but Ericka and I got married on Saturday October 7, 2006. In the intervening month, neither of us have blogged.

We were wed at Trinity Anglican Church in Cambridge, on the only nice day in October.

Our service followed the Anglican liturgy fairly closely, but we incorporated some elements from our "Wine Before Breakfast" community at UofT - this included a poetic sermon from Dr. Walsh, as well as a mix of hymnody and popular music played by our friends Dave and Sue.














Wedding Playlist:

Sufjan - That Dress Looks Nice on You
Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing
Take My Life
All Creatures of our God and King
Cockburn - Lovers in a Dangerous Time
Coldplay - Til Kingdom Come

Here is a photo wherein my parents look absolutely smashing!



















Our guestbook idea forced each guest to have their picture taken with a Polaroid camera. It was supa-fun, and now we can remember what everyone else looked like on the day of our wedding. Ben, Felicity and Shari-Ann all helped to make this the Best Guestbook Ever.



















Rachel made our cake, and it was both gorgeous and tasty. There wasn't a single piece of it left over at the end of the day. Ann Marie bravely assisted her in setting it up. The fun of it all was that the cake nearly didn't make it (don't tell the bride) (and it was definitely not Rachel's fault) (and maybe I'll write about that sometime soon).






































We danced to Iron & Wine's "Love and Some Verses" and Ericka danced with Rod Stewart -- err -- danced with her father to an old Rod Stewart tune.



















The girls all lined up to catch the bouquet, which just happened to break up into a bunch of different pieces. That certainly didn't prevent squealing and pushing, even tho everyone got a flower to take home...














Family photos were fun. Ericka laughed. Ericka laughs often. Even today, on our one-monthaversary. Special thanks to Aunt Marian for these photos. It's so fun to see different peoples' perspectives on the day!

8 Comments:

Blogger ButterPeanut said...

'bout freaken time!!

also, that cake looks amazing. Props to the Rachel.

12:39 p.m.  
Blogger NathanColquhoun said...

Congrats!

7:25 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude! That cake is like something I never saw!
ps.my bad for bailing on your shindig, I'm shure it was a blast anyhow. I was there, just not in body!

11:24 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ANDREW! I am, for once, quite at a loss for words.

Except I wish you'd told me the date and sent me your address like a goodl ittle groom because I have something here that should be there. For you.

Seriously, I'm so happy for you. Bring your bride to England.

5:29 p.m.  
Blogger ButterPeanut said...

thanks for the recap!

Is that Felicity in fightin mode on the bouquet picture? Damn, girl!

11:27 a.m.  
Blogger Val said...

Congrats!!! God Bless your marriage :)

9:13 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow -- I definitely haven't talked to you in a while!

What a surprise and congrats!!!

12:52 p.m.  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hey - just read this now! I'm glad you liked your cake. It was, uh, lots of fun to make. :) Seriously, I was overjoyed to be able to do that for you guys.

1:41 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home