Monday, April 10, 2006

Dear Social Capital...

I just wanted to thank you for interrupting my life, making me think more about how this whole thing works. Society. Government. Church. It's been a whirlwind few days. I want you to know, though, that I'm enjoying the journey of discovering who you are, how you work, and how we relate to one other. We're getting to know each other better, and I can't wait for the adventures yet to come. How we'll come to understand one another inside and out. Sounds like a long-term relationship to me. What do you think?

Love,
Andrew.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Andrew,
First off, thanks for hanging out with me lately. It’s been fun getting to know you, what you’re all about and how I can fit into that. I have some ideas… But I also look forward to being stretched in new and different ways. Society, yes. The government, yes. Church, yes. I’m about all those places and spaces and so many more.
Before we commit I think we should get to know each other a little better. Don’t you think? It has been a whirlwind few days, and just in case I’ve missed telling you some things, I’m including some more information in the form of websites (my ex’s have been vociferous publishers).
Love,
Social Capital (and my conjoined twin, Civil Society)

1) This NGO called CIVICUS has a good handle on what I’m all about. Additionally, they’ve come up with an interesting toolkit they use to measure me in a number of different aspects. http://www.civicus.org/
2) Pittsburg (http://www.sis.pitt.edu/~spring/courses/ds_soc_cap.html) scored some sweet info and includes other good links.
3) My friend Francis Fukuyama did a great write up (http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/seminar/1999/reforms/fukuyama.htm). He’s a little bit of a right wing cookoo, so keep that in mind. He wrote this piece for the IMF a few years ago. It’s very economic but was a good guide for the IMF when I was becoming a buzz word in development circles.

12:07 p.m.  
Blogger Val said...

Happy Holy Week.

2:27 a.m.  
Blogger sue said...

hm. i have no idea what you're talking about, andrew. but it's ok. i'm glad you're Emerging.

3:50 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home