Thursday, July 07, 2005

Cold in Calcutta

Not really cold, per se. But I gots one. It must be a combination of the pollution, the humidity, and my recent lack of sleep that are keeping me a bit under the weather. At least it's not so bad as the food poisoning fiasco from a few months ago.

After taking yesterday off to recouperate from my increasing sickness, I spent today at a leprosy centre run by the MoC, and then sleeping the afternoon away. I feel ten times better than I have been feeling, and really, that's important. It's hard to lead a group from underneath the sheets, and I'm glad that things are getting better.

A little more sleep tonight will help. Let's just hope the cup of coffee I drank tonight (first in several months) doesn't totally screw with my ability to sleep. Even as I'm typing, I'm resigned to the fact that I will be up all night. Curses.

Calcutta is much the same as it was before, 'cept things are a little different this time, as I carry more responsibility. That being said, the group is incredible, and we're having no problems. It's so amazing to be here to watch their transition from merely one week ago when they stepped off the plane, dazed and exhausted, to the energy-filled, incredible group that's out there working hard every day at the MoC centres.

These kids got spunk.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I'm glad to hear that the team is doing well. I've been praying for their cohesion and your leadership.

Hope the cold gets better and that you got a decent night's sleep last night, despite the caffeine (what were you thinking??!?). :)

10:53 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home