My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Locations of visitors to this page

Monday, April 25, 2005

Starting to Feel It

Nervous, I mean. Went to the Indian consulate (it was actually open today) and got the whole visa thing sorted out. A long wait in a long line, handed them the $62 (exact change) and came back at 15h30 to pick it up. Sweet. I now have permission to enter the country.

What that really means is that I'm going to India.

Dropped by Tom & Jam's place tonight to drink tea. Ended up spending some time looking at Tom's pictures from last year. Just looking through them was making me nervous. Not that I haven't seen similar photos before. A lot of what I saw reminded me of some overseas experiences ten years back. But I dunno. Tom and I are the same person. Well. We're blonde, blue-eyed and Mennonite. We wear black sweaters over grey long-sleeved shirts. As he was scrolling through the photos, I started to feel my stomach go a little bit. I think just hearing him talk of his own struggles with the trip, it did start to hit me that while this is going to be an exciting trip, it is a bit scary too.

The reality is sinking in -- two weeks and I'll be on a plane to Kolkata. What have I gotten myself into? I guess I'll find out when I get there. But right now, I need to calm down. Prayer might be helpful. Some time to slow down too. I'm just happy that most of my stuff is packed, and the move back to Cambridge will (hopefully) run smoothly on Wednesday. Tonight I sleep early.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home