Thursday, March 29, 2007

Leaving Today

A number of us from the Wine Before Breakfast community at UofT are heading down to Michigan today for the Festival of Faith and Music. I woke up this morning feeling alright, knowing that it was going to be a good week-end, but now, by 10:36am, I'm a little nervous.

Part of the reason we're going is to lead worship at the Festival on Saturday morning, which is going to be cool, but it's been a long time since I've played music in front of a large group of people.

Playing bass in a worship band is certainly different from playing a rock show - but the nerves are still a little shaky, even though what we're doing is not at all about "the show," and all about helping direct worship, musically, towards the creator of the universe. Still - the nerves!

Part of it, I think is the nerves of playing on the same stage as Sufjan Stevens, Neko Case and Emmylou Harris. Part of it is leaving home, that is, Ericka, for a few days. We really haven't had to do the whole "apart" thing since we've been married, and so that's a new experience for us too.

I am excited about the festival, the performers, the speakers, the workshops, and the chance to catch up with Liz, a friend I met in Kolkata a few years back. It'll be good to go down and see her, since she only updates her blog every six months or so, and really, I have no idea what's going on with here these days.

For anyone out there reading, keep the band in your prayers, please. We would be ever-grateful.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger ButterPeanut said...

1. please say hello to liz for me.

2. if you tell Sufjan to read my blog, I will owe you forever. Seriously. Do it! Pretty please?

3. Also please tell Neko Case to read by blog.

Also I will pray for you guys lots. I SO wish I could go!

11:38 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think you're amazing. thanks for the quiet wisdom, the great low end, and all you are.

hope it wasn't too nerve racking.

you sounded amazing.

rob s.

5:35 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there, Andrew. I've been looking for some news about how the Festival of Faith & Music went this last weekend. Any chance you'll be posting something on it soon? Would've loved to have gone myself.

3:49 p.m.  
Blogger andrew said...

There is indeed a chance. The coverage has begun, and will continue until I've covered as much as I am able. If there's anything you want to know about specifically, let me know.

8:23 a.m.  
Blogger Jam said...

EXCITING! Can't wait to read the rest of the updates - you definitely have a gift.

peace+
jam

8:55 p.m.  
Blogger andrew said...

This is proving an extended response and tangential thinking. I suppose it's better than the radio silence what has been my modus operandi for several months...thanks Jam!

10:05 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home