Sunday, December 04, 2005

Nice and Simple

Now that everyone (and I do mean everyone) is getting married, I find my thoughts drawn to what my wedding might look like. Not really a standard thought pattern of mine, but I guess when you're surrounded by the whole thing, it rubs off. I think it's pretty much like this: Small traditional ceremony in the mid-afternoon. Sunlight pours through the ancient building's windows, bathing the assembled crowd of friends and family in a soft, warm glow.

But I still can't decide - St. Paul's or Hagia Sophia?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Because I am a really big nerd, I am going to post on your site twice in one night. Hah! Anyways, I have never been to Hagia Sophia but when I was living in England, I attended a church service at St Paul's. It was so powerful (the sermon and my surroundings) that I started to cry. In any case, perhaps you don't want all your guests in tears but I still vote for St. Paul's :)

9:31 p.m.  
Blogger Rachel said...

I'm not getting married...

11:30 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait a minute, guys do this too?

I am getting married in Rome, by the way.

2:50 p.m.  
Blogger andrew said...

no. they don't. but when they do, it's strange how girls respond.

4:30 p.m.  
Blogger Kiki said...

what you really need to do in order to be authentic with this wedding-dream stuff is get a stack of wedding magazines and make a SCRAPBOOK! cut out all your favourite tuxes and wedding bands and nuptial party favours just in case you forget by the time it comes to plan, that way everything will be just perfect- sigh-cough-gag...er, ahem.

11:34 a.m.  
Blogger girl said...

Rachel! I'm gonna marry you!

Andrew - can we book St. Paul's for May? ;)

11:39 p.m.  
Blogger andrew said...

i'll give them a call and see what we can hook up, hun.

8:16 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home